Tuesday 6 November 2007

Facing the Truth

Being kind and trying to relieve the depression I’m living; someone sent me this by e-mail:
“In a poor zoo of India, a lion was frustrated as he was offered not more
than 1 kg of meat a day.
The lion thought its prayers were answered when one day a Dubai Zoo Manager
visited the zoo and requested the zoo management to shift the lion to Dubai
Zoo. The lion was so happy and started thinking of a central A/C
environment, a goat or two every day.
On its first day after arrival, the lion was offered a big bag, sealed very
nicely for breakfast. The lion opened it quickly but was shocked to see
that it contained few bananas. The lion thought that maybe they cared too
much for him as they were worried about his stomach as he had recently
shifted from India.
The next day the same thing happened. On the third day again the same food
bag of bananas was delivered.
The lion was so furious; it stopped the delivery boy and =lasted at him,
don't you know I am the lion...king of the jungle..., what's wrong with your
management? What nonsense is this? Why are you delivering bananas to me?
The delivery boy politely said, 'Sir, I know you are the king of the jungle
... but... you have been brought here on a monkey's visa!!!”


I laughed loudly; I kept laughing; it’s funny isn’t it?
In a second thought; after 16 months here; struggling with life and exams; I couldn’t work as a doctor, “S”& “M” are unemployed in Sweden; they got nothing to do but cooking.
Mohamed in Ireland works for a hotel; Ali in Egypt, “H” in Jordan; many others are in Syria.
“S”& “S” with their wives are desperate to join us.
I remembered the old Anthem (We’re the Young we’ve got the future)
Begging people to employ us, begging hospitals to let us practice even without paying us money…working in restaurants, tolerating the accusations of being terrorists, stupid or back warded.
We have got the future haven’t we? Maybe with a simple alteration; we’re doctors with a monkey visa!
I stopped laughing….I’ve started jumping and eating banana.

No comments: