Tuesday 18 March 2008

6 Days in Sweden

“You’re still the same person I know”
That was the first impression Saif got after seeing me; it’s my first vacation from work, after doing the exhausting week of night shifts, I took my flight and went to see Saif and Mohamed in Sweden.

It was a nice week, seeing them made my mood much better, chatting about the old days, our schools, friends, families, love stories and our struggle to succeed.

The most interesting thing in Sweden is the number of Iraqis, in a city like Malmo; you can see Iraqis as much as you see Indians in London!!

I could feel their warmth which I’ve been missing for a while; they didn’t allow me to pay anything there, we all were invited in someone’s house as there is a guest coming from the U.K.
And of course; loud discussions which ended no where!

As well as a religious talk by the same guy who spent an hour and a half the day before telling us about his experience in “Group Sex”.

The most pleasant thing was the ambition I could see in Saif’s eyes; he is still the same admirable guy, the same one who used to be the excellent naughty student.
He passed his language course in two months time, preceded to the next one and looking forward to be a qualified doctor; I’m sure he will succeed and seeing him gave me a hope in a better Iraq, as he hold Iraq in his heart all the time.

We spent the last day in Copenhagen, it was very nice, I’m not a womanizer but their beauty is exceptional....LOL

I’ll leave you with some photos

The flag on the wall in Saif's little flat



Somebody made a sick jock telling me there is no chocolate in Sweden!!


!!!!



Malmo
Malmo; Iraqis call this square ساحة عنتر

Iraqi food in Sweden

Krisianstad


Copenhagen

4 comments:

Little Penguin said...

Dr,

Exceptional is an understatement..

I'm really pleased for you to have seen friends from the good old days and ate such nice food (on a sufra made of jarayid - that was seriously cool!) and throw some wood in the flames of hope that we have for Iraq.

I love how you juxtapose your other friend's religiosity with his group sex dimension. lol.. you're a tactical writer..

I'm going to Denmark on Saturday morning to see family there, and will definitely hop on the ferry to see my uncle in Sweden..

Regards
LP

Little Penguin said...

have Iraqis influenced the place so much that the statue guy is playing shnaow??.. lol

ahmed said...

it's good to see you having fun. enjoy.

Marshmallow26 said...

Hello Dr. Iraqi,

I loved these photos, and the food made my saliva droll!